Monday, December 06, 2004

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Last week I attended my first Trans-Siberian Orchestra show. Very impressive in more ways than one. Basically, the band consists of a nouveau-orchestra sound accompanied by Judas Priest-style guitar riffing (as well as soloing). There's instrumentals and sung pieces. The underlying theme is Christmas music, but non-seasonal numbers are done as well. While the music's playing, there's a "laser Floyd" light show going on with some pyro for good measure.

The crowd was a good mix of Christmas people, older boomers and throw back rocker dudes.

It's not quite a concert, but more of what I'd call "entertainment". I'd see them again in an instant if I had the chance.

This'll probably close out my concert year, and 2004 has been a good one:
1. Nickelback/Staind/Three Days Grace
2. Teenage Head
3. Aerosmith/Cheap Trick
4. Yes
5. Velvet Revolver
6. Edgefest (Billy Talent, Jet, finger eleven, Alexisonfire)
7. Van Halen - BEST OF THE YEAR!!!
8. Alice Cooper
9. Judas Priest/Slayer
10. Deep Purple
11. Rush
12. Kid Rock
13. Metallica/Godsmack
14. Tea Party
15. Trans-Siberian Orchestra

1 Comments:

Blogger papa_rocker said...

The 3 pitchers of beer beforehand didn't hurt. It was also the only show I've ever got a bleeding nose at.

December 13, 2004 at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home